Today we've launched #LearnOnTikTok, a new programme in partnership with leading educators, experts, real-world skills creators and NGOs to bring together entertainment and learning on TikTok.
Starting with a €13M ($15MUSD) investment across Europe, we're using the power of our platform to help educators everywhere share their talents and knowledge to our diverse community of users.
From life hacks to science tutorials, motivational tips to quick cooks - we want to help people access a wide-ranging experience of learning that is personal, local and specific to their everyday lives.
In the UK, some of our initial launch partners include:
- @English.Heritage - sharing facts about British history and heritage sites in a fun and entertaining way. For example this Friday they're planning to post a mini-guided tour of Stonehenge, ahead of a livestream of the Summer Solstice sunrise at Stonehenge Saturday morning
- @cambridgeuniversity - all about learning and discovering with the University, sharing science and research videos with interesting or surprising facts, findings and information
- @rachelrileyrr - TV presenter and mathematician to share fun and visual maths skills and tips
- @drranganchatterjee - physician, best-selling author and presenter sharing health and wellness content to help people live a full and happy life
- @DrJulieSmith - a clinical psychologist whose content focuses on alleviating stress and anxiety and promoting habits for a healthy and happy mind
- @mytinyestate - extreme DIY duo, Dean and Borja, teaching everything from DIY kitchen panelling, plastering and more
- @twistedsnaccs - getting us in the summer mood with BBQ, ice cream & strawberry hacks
- @craftfactory - helping the nation get crafty at home with everything from DIY soap bars to homemade jewellery
And some of our leading TikTok creators are also transforming their content to make it more educational and informative for our community. This includes:
- TikTok creator @Leonsweeting who is teaching a fun fact every day to help you conquer at the pub quiz and in life
- Our favourite TikTok chiropractor, @trishulvadi, teaching you about the human body and how it works
- Cooking whiz @ollie_eats teaching you amazing cooking hacks and new recipes in just 60 seconds or less - perfect for anyone low on time but facing high demand in the kitchen
- Beauty expert @keilidhmua showing how people can take care of their skin and along with easy but ingenious make-up tricks
- NHS surgeon @dr.karanr teaching us weird and wonderful medical facts to help us understand the human body better
This marks an incredibly exciting shift for our business, one that was talked about at our inception and an ambition we can now deliver as we've scaled. We're hoping more educators will join us in creating the most diverse ecosystem of short-form learning and entertainment content.