It's less than a week to go until the Edinburgh Fringe Festival gets underway, and as Official Virtual Stage, we cannot wait to bring this iconic festival to our community, showcasing and celebrating the magic of the UK's arts scene - and this is your chance to shine on the TikTok Virtual Stage 🎭.
At TikTok we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to express themselves and share their creativity, and we are passionate about breaking down the barriers to entry within the arts. The TikTok Virtual Stage will showcase the creative crème de la crème on TikTok, so wherever you are in the world you will be able to get a front-row seat or even have your own starring role.
All you have to do to take part in the TikTok Virtual Stage is apply following the steps below for your chance to have your LIVE promoted in the Fringe Hub (you can take a look at it by searching for "edfringe" in the app) 🎭🤳 All you need is a phone, a wifi connection and passion for performance!
Our slots are designed to help performers promote their shows by showing off their craft, by performing an extract from a current, past or future show or simply by showing us what they're about as a performer. We'd love to hear any ideas. We'll review submissions with consideration of our Community Guidelines and an aim to provide equal opportunities for diverse and emerging art. Eligible submissions will be allocated slots on a first-come-first-served basis, subject to availability and suitability.
So, whether you're are heading Edinburgh or enjoying the Fringe or tuning in from afar, here's how to apply for your moment on the TikTok Virtual Stage...
How to apply to get involved:
You can go LIVE from anywhere, provided you have a phone with a camera, a solid wi-fi connection (3 mbps+), and permission to film in the space.
- First things first, submit a pitch to us using this form: Virtual Stage - LIVE Pitches
- Pitches must be submitted at least 96 hours (four days) before your preferred slot, but submit as early as possible as slots will fill up fast!
- The performance length for each slot is 20-30 minutes and could cover anything that you feel best conveys what you're about as a performer.
- Eligible submissions will be allocated slots on a first-come-first-served basis, subject to availability and suitability. We'll review submissions with consideration of our Community Guidelines and to provide equal opportunities for diverse and emerging art.
- 30-minute slots are available from 12pm - 8pm, 5th - 29th August (excluding August 15th, which is a dark day). We'll aim to accommodate any time preferences you submit as far as possible, and will aim to provide feedback and next steps ASAP.
- If you're offered a slot, you must confirm and follow the appropriate next steps within 24 hours of receiving the offer email.
- From there, simply go LIVE on the day. We'll provide guidance on how to do this in advance.