Want to dress up 👗, dance in the street 💃, celebrate love ❤️ and show your support for LGBTQ+ causes 🌈? In-person Pride events might be a no-go this year, but fear not TikTok is here to help!
Every day for Pride month TikTok be your one stop virtual Pride party 🎉.
We’ll be celebrating the best and brightest of TikTok’s LGBTQ+ community and giving a voice to diversity and every kind of love on the platform with a new and exciting series of events.
We’ve got LIVEs led by LGBTQ+ TikTok trailblazers and allies, new hashtag challenges to take part in, as well as an LGBTQ+ takeover on the Sounds page highlighting iconic LGBTQ+ artists and tracks to get you dancing and singing your way through Pride 2020.
So whether you’re Gay, Bi, Queer, Trans, a Drag Queen, still undefined, or just curious to learn more about the Pride movement, you’ll find support, love and fun among our diverse community on TikTok. We’ve got you covered!
Here’s everything you need to know, to kick off your Pride celebrations with TikTok…
- #ImComingOut (live now) – The challenge brings back Diana Ross' iconic track. Post a video that encapsulates what or who you are coming out for - be it a person, cause or personal journey! Share your story, support and learn from one another.
- #PrideIcon (28th June) – The LGBTQ+ community is one of the most supportive, so tell us about someone from the community who inspires you, has supported you and who deserves to be celebrated for Pride. In short, tell us who your #PrideIcon is.
- #PrideVibes (5th July) - Share with the TikTok community how you are getting your #PrideVibes on with your favourite makeup looks. Give us your best drag look, dig out the rainbows and glitter, and put on your makeup for this years Pride party!
LIVES will run throughout the month of July with more names to be announced.
- 17:00 29th June – Gay couple @matthewandryan known for their laid back laughs
- 18:00 30th June - Make-up artist @KeilidhMUA, who whips up fierce make up looks
But, Pride doesn’t stop there. TikTok will also be partnering with and raising money for LGBT Foundation, launching a new Donation Sticker for the Foundation which will appear during the month of Pride 2020.
Funds raised will help the LGBT Foundation deliver advice, support and information services to lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans communities across the country.
TikTok campaign managers who developed the 2020 Pride programme, Lottie, Rob & Harry told us: "It was so important for us as members of the LGBTQ+ community ourselves to create this campaign and provide a platform to give the community a voice, whilst reminding everyone that, no matter who they are, who they love or where they come from, TikTok will always celebrate the joy in diversity. With this campaign, we wanted to ensure that we are educating our TikTok employees as well as celebrating those who are a part of TikTok's LGBTQ+ community. Working with such incredible LGBTQ+ creators and amazing, supportive allies on this campaign has been a dream - and to top it off with Diana Ross' iconic track, it truly has been a passion project from start to finish."
So, grab your rainbow flag and join us for the biggest Pride party yet and help us raise funds for this important cause! 🌈
Can’t wait until then? Here’s TikTok’s pick of LGBTQ+ trailblazers on the platform, to help educate and entertain you this Pride month… Go on, give them a follow!
Who to follow this Pride
- Tanya Compass @Tanyacompas is an activist, campaigner and motivational speaker. Follow Tanya for advice on youth LGBTQ+ organisations young people can engage with, fashion tips and her unique take on some of the most popular TikTok challenges. Tanya is dedicating her #ImComingOut video this year to "everyone queer and black"
- Wednesday Holmes @wednesdayholmes is a trans non-binary artist whose TikTok videos give a behind the scenes peek at how they create their masterpieces. Wednesday is a Queer community organiser with Voices 4 London and Far and Pride
- Cis male-gay couple @handluggageonly are better known as Yaya and Lloyd. Follow the pair for enviously good travel, food and photography. From the cheapest European beach holidays to UK based roadtrips Yaya and Lloyd have all your post lockdown holiday plans sorted
- Tarek Khwiss @tarekkhwiss is a Muslim drag queen and dancer. Follow for fabulous make up looks and fierce dance routines that will help you feel fly this summer
- Asexual creator @Stevenmcknell brings the boldest and best comedy and lipsycncs that will get you in the mood for Pride 2020.
- Lily-Rose @itslilyrose is your one stop shop for hilarious, relatable skits. Often seen with her friends KT, Sebby Jon and Monty Keates she’ll get you laughing and saying ‘that’s so true!’ in no time at all.