Are you an ambitious #entrepreneur? A #boss business builder or a #sidehustle star looking to turn your passion or amazing idea into a business? We're on the hunt to find TikTok's next great entrepreneur. Think that could be you? Listen up...
Simon Squibb and the The Purposeful Project are searching the UK to find the next aspiring entrepreneur who has has the ambition, know-how and work ethic to turn their great idea 💡 into a success story.
A new competition, like no other, we will be giving entrepreneurs the opportunity to showcase their ideas and get the support they need to make their business dreams come true - all right here on TikTok!
He's Simon to explain how it works!
Here's everything you need to know:
How to apply
Open to all UK TikTok users over the age of 18, budding entrepreneurs will need to create a 30-60 second pitch video on TikTok, selling their idea and how they'd turn it into a successful enterprise. Remember all entries must use the hashtag #BeYourOwnBoss to be in with a chance of winning!
Applications open on Friday 28th May 2021 and close on Wednesday 30th June 2021. T&Cs can be found HERE.
A specially selected judging panel including some of the biggest names in business will go on to judge the entries. 10 lucky finalists will then be chosen to present their business idea to the panel in a live-streamed event on TikTok.
The winners will be announced on 7th July.
How does £5,000 in cash to kickstart your business sound? Plus, the top prize comes with mentorship from entrepreneurial legends Simon Squibb, Mark Tilbury, Jess Butcher MBE and Ben Francis. As well as a year of expert business support from leading accounting software provider QuickBooks, to help with all your business needs.
In the meantime..
If you just can't wait to get involved, or want to hear more, why not tune into one of the LIVE sessions happening with our selection of business legends?
- Friday 28th May - @SimonSquibb at LIVE 8pm on his channel, and @tiktok_uk
- Wed 2nd June - @maxklymenko & Jess Butcher LIVE at 8pm on @tiktok_uk
- Wed 9th June - @SimonSquibb & @BenFrancis (founder of Gymshark) LIVE at 8pm on @SimonSquibb
Simply follow the accounts and click on the TikTok profile picture to tune in LIVE.
Want to find more #entrepreneur inspo on TikTok?
Why not give these top small business accounts a follow...
- Love a scented candle? Check out @ivyandtwine
- Heading to the park for drinks with friends in the sunshine? @partnerinwineuk has your must-have accessory
- Think you're too young to build your own business? @totesforyouu shows you're never to young to do what you love!
- It's all in the #details and @omololajewellery's West-African inspired jewellery has it all
- Thinking about the #ecoswaps you can make? Try @phoxwater refillable cartridges
- @evamalleyart serves up gift-ideas galore with her beautiful designs
- Planning your return to socialising post-lockdown? Check out @loveendu 's selection of journals and planners to keep you organised
- We can't get enough of @raniandco 's women-powered jewellery range, and neither will you!
- Premium vegan makeup for men is the name of the game for @warpaintformenofficial
- Need some motivation to get your business off the ground? @maxklymenko has you covered with every hack you'll ever need