We are excited to officially announce the recipients of the TikTok Latinx Creatives Grant, in partnership with MACRO and UnbeliEVAble Entertainment. This grant initiative has been developed to not only provide educational programming and networking opportunities, but also financially invest in and support Latinx creatives on TikTok.
“MACRO is so proud to be a part of this program for the second year in a row, and to partner with TikTok and our colleagues at UnbeliEVAble in discovering and uplifting incredible creators on the platform. I continue to be astounded by the immense talent and perspectives from these artists – the sky is the limit for them all” said Stacey Walker King, Chief Brand Officer, MACRO.
The TikTok Latinx Creatives Grant was created through our partnership with powerhouse community champions MACRO and UnbeliEVAble Entertainment, following the success of the 2021 TikTok Latinx Creatives incubator last year. The program celebrated 150 Latinx creators and emerging music artists on the platform and provided them with career-building resources to help them succeed on TikTok (and beyond). Each week creators came together through a dedicated virtual platform to hear from celebrity guest speakers and learn how to take their TikTok content to the next level. As a result, participants of the program have gone on to sign with lauded representation, land top-tier press coverage, and secure notable brand deals. To continue our support of Latinx creators on and off of TikTok, we're thrilled to partner with MACRO and UnbeliEVAble Entertainment for this grant.
“At UnbeliEVAble Entertainment it is our mission to actively choose purposeful projects that accurately represent the stories of the Latinx community. As part of this, we are always seeking out new, fresh artists in our community. We cannot properly tell these stories without our own voices and I am so proud to continue this partnership with TikTok and MACRO. Collectively we are able to use our power and resources to develop and support the next generation of storytellers and innovators in our industry,” said Eva Longoria, actress, producer, activist, entrepreneur, and CEO of UnbeliEVAble Entertainment.
Meet our TikTok Latinx Creatives Grant recipients below:
- @chaoticforager, Gabrielle Cerberville (Kalamazoo, MI): Gabrielle is a wild food educator, mycologist, permaculturist, and interdisciplinary artist. She believes ethics and hope are the keys to supporting a sustainable future. On TikTok, she shares her knowledge of edible plants and fungi, including the importance of ecological awareness and land knowledge.
- @drlesliegonzalez, Leslie Gonzalez (Chicago, IL): Dr. Gonzalez is a physician who shares the latest on health-focused products, public health issues, and encourages others to pursue a career in healthcare on TikTok. She is also passionate about representation and creates her content in English and Spanish.
- @franciscolikethecity, Francisco Cardozo (New York, NY): Francisco is a Venezuelan writer and actor who graduated as a Playwright from the Center of Latin American Studies Romulo Gallegos. Francisco has gained popularity on TikTok by creating funny content about his experience as a gay Latino man living in the Big Apple.
- @ijorgealvarez, Jorge Alvarez (Bergen County, NJ): Jorge is a creator, advocate, and strategist who destigmatizes mental health and encourages challenging conversations on TikTok by creating content that cultivates space for collective reflection, unlearning limiting beliefs, and breaking generational cycles. Through sharing his lived experiences as a Latinx man, he sparks dialogue that is both vulnerable and thought-provoking.
- @morethancleaning, Ileana Cabrera (Pacoima, CA): lleana is a wife, mother of three, and Latina house cleaner who showcases her passion, experience, and desire to succeed on TikTok. She has built a large following by sharing interesting and quirky cleaning tips, and showing that her work is so much more than just cleaning.
- @myundocumentedass, Miguel "Che" Dalmau (Blackwood, NJ): Miguel “Che” is a stand-up comedian, writer, podcaster, and TikTok creator who uses his platform to talk about his experience growing up undocumented in the United States. Through his art, Miguel hopes to inspire other undocumented people to share their stories and educate those on the undocumented experience.
- @ollin.nyc, Jonathan Perez (New York, NY): Jonathan runs Ollin, a restaurant in NYC where authentic Mexican food and culture meet — they serve unforgettable authentic Mexican food and have also grown a large audience on TikTok. Ollin is also a mom-and-pop restaurant that is Latinx and Queer-owned, where all are welcome.
- @rockrollg, Herchell Carrasco (Orange, CA): Herchell began tattooing out of his kitchen and became one of the most in-demand celebrity tattoo artists in California. On TikTok he showcases his art and culture while entertaining and inspiring his community to chase their dreams.
- @thefirstgenmentor, Giovanna Gonzalez (Chicago, IL): Giovanna is a TikTok creator, financial educator, speaker, and up-and-coming author. In June 2021, she quit her corporate job in investment management to pursue her true passion: teaching financial literacy to young adults. She uses her platform to share relatable and jargon-free financial education and career advice to the First Gen and Latinx community.
- @username_af, Jose Luis Cisneros-Carlos (Fort Worth, TX): Luis combines his love for automobiles and problem solving through videos on TikTok. He uses his platform to entertain and teach others how to work on their cars.
Our cohort of 10 grant recipients were chosen after pitching TikTok, MACRO and UnbeliEVAble Entertainment an idea for their dream creative project, whether it be in the form of a book, movie, TV show, radio show, or other content medium. Selected creators will each be receiving $50,000 and two, personalized coaching sessions from MACRO and UnbeliEVAble Entertainment to help bring their pitches to life.
"We are thrilled to offer this opportunity to these Latinx creators and artists who drive culture and are at the forefront of creating trends on the TikTok platform,” said Isabel Quinteros, Director of Artist Partnerships at TikTok. “MACRO and UnbeliEVAble are industry leaders when it comes to championing diverse creatives in media, and we couldn't be more appreciative of their partnership as we support these creators in bringing their dream projects to life."
We are thrilled for our creators and can't wait to see them succeed in their endeavors.