We love how TikTok users can add their own creative ideas to other users’ content but don’t forget you can create your own TikTok experience. We’ve included some of our safety tips for duets and reactions below.
Who reacts? Who performs a duet? You decide!
On TikTok, we follow a simple idea: Your content, your rules. This means that, as with other areas of your TikTok experience, you have full control over whether or not other users can perform duets with, or react to, your videos. You can manage the settings for your overall profile as well as individually for each of your videos.
- Adjust settings for reactions and duets on your profile
On your overall profile settings, you can choose the default duet and reaction setting that will be applied to all of your newly uploaded videos. You decide who can perform duets with you or react to your videos. Choose from the following options:
- All members of the TikTok community
- Only your friends
- No one at all
You can adjust these settings to fit your personal preferences in your security and privacy menu. Below, you can find out how to get there in four simple steps:
- Open your profile and click on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Privacy and Safety’ by clicking on the respective arrow.
- Select the option ‘Who Can Duet with Me’.
- Now you can adjust your overall profile settings for performing duets.
Below this option, you will also find the option ‘Who Can React to Me’. Clicking on this option will allow you to pick who gets to react to your videos.
2. Adjust settings for duets when uploading a video
You have the option to switch the react and duet function off before posting each video. This means you can decide who can duet and react to your videos for every video individually before you upload it.
- When you are ready to upload your video, click Next
- Select the disable duet/react feature if you wish
- Then you are ready to post!
3. Adjust settings for duets for already uploaded videos
We are aware that one specific setting may not be right for all of your content. That is why we have also created the option to adjust the permissions to duet for individual videos as well.
Below, we will walk you through the process:
- ur profile and click on the respective video.
- Click on the three dots on the right hand side of your screen — a menu will pop up on the bottom of your screen.
- Swipe to the right until you see the button ‘Duet/ React’.
- Now you can activate or deactivate duetting and reactions for this specific video.
Duets and reactions are a great opportunity for you to add another dimension to your TikTok experience and to your creative interaction with other users. With the previously outlined security and privacy settings, we make sure that this exchange remains a fun, inspiring and most importantly a safe experience for our users.
Always remember: it is your profile, you decide what you share with whom. For more information please visit our Safety Center.