With floating jack-o-lanterns, haunting folklore, ghoulish makeup, candy apple recipes, and so much more, billions of people across the world turn to #TikTokHalloween to share and connect over the spookiest season of the year. This October, we're ringing in the wicked fun with a calendar of tricks and treats designed to entertain and appeal to all of the diverse communities that call TikTok home.
Over at Effect House, these creators are working hard to help serve your followers fun, tricky effects:
- Aram, @aramkk5 - Aram is known for sharing his process behind incredible effects, like his new skull effect, perfect for virtually haunting your followers.
- Paige Piskin, @paigepiskin - As a skilled effects creator, Paige has made it possible to zombify your look at the tap of a button this Halloween.
Keep an eye out for new chilling effects, each sure to get you in the spirit for screams:
- Evil Twin - Boo! Someone's watching you. The Evil Twin effect simulates the experience of having an "Evil Twin" looking over your shoulder.
- Autumn Glow - This perfectly hazy hue of orange transforms your TikToks into a cozy fall film.
- Phantom Horseman - Inspired by a character that dates back to the 1820s, this take on the Headless Horseman is sure to frighten.
- Howling Beast - Awoo! Who doesn't love a werewolf? This effect will transform you into your very own howling hound.
From terrifying animation to sleepwalking tales, TikTok creators are bringing us plenty of treats this season. Over at @myhealthydish, you can catch My Nguyen's 21 Days of Pumpkin series, where she's testing out recipes perfect for Halloween and beyond. For treat-worthy costume inspiration, Angelica Torres @candylover89official is serving all the looks, from the always-classic Mask look to a creepy spider.
Finally, take your haunting far and wide by using these hashtags on TikTok:
- #TikTokHalloween: The spookiest time of the year is officially here, so show us how you're celebrating Halloween on TikTok.
- #HalloweenLooks: From cozy fall fits to creative costumes, show us those #HalloweenLooks!
- #HalloweenDecor: Whether you're constructing a life-size skeleton or lighting up a jack-o-lantern, we want to see your #HalloweenDecor.
- #Halloween: Happy Halloween, of course!
- #DiaDeLosMuertos: ¡Feliz Día de los Muertos!
Not sure where to start? Our #SpookySzn playlist was made to inspire the soundtrack to your month. We can't wait to see how you celebrate. Happy haunting!