Celebrating our global community and the popular trends that sparked joy and real-world impact
In 2022, we lived, we laughed, we learned on TikTok. Our global community entertained and inspired each other, elevating and celebrating self-expression by discovering, creating and sharing content that captured our collective imagination.
This year, TikTok is where we experienced the joy of learning a few new tips to make our lives easier, cooking our way through culinary adventures, turning the pages of our favorite books, singing along to songs stuck in our heads, and so much more. In Singapore, we celebrated the highs and lows with our friends and family through food, travel, and music.
“We’re honored to celebrate our global community who shaped this year's trends, shared new ideas, learned from one another, and turned their passions into careers and livelihoods throughout 2022. It's been truly inspiring to see over a billion people around the world show their creativity and come together to experience joy and find a sense of belonging on TikTok,” said Vanessa Pappas, Chief Operating Officer, TikTok.
Join us as we celebrate all the unforgettable trends, creators and moments that brought us closer together in 2022, a year that's truly #ForYou.
In 2022, trending content on TikTok reached For You feeds everywhere, with pets, daily vlogs, and comedy transcending cultures and borders. As we eased mask restrictions in Singapore and learnt one thing about one another, our For You feeds was filled with many reasons to laugh and celebrate. We heard Priyanka (@pronkers) won her students' council's elections too! Check out the videos that made up some of this year's most memorable moments.
- @anneteandafish- Annette Lee and her Hokkien accent tickled our funny bone.
- @pronkers - Vote for Priyanka, R11!
- @jingquah - National swimmer Quah Jing Wen meets President Halimah Yacob.
- @onlynoah - Noah Yap celebrates the lift of mask restrictions in Singapore.
- @adelimey - Learn one thing about Adeline Tay
Around the world
- @ox_zung - The stitch expert shared tricks that made us gasp!
- @rosalia - Rosalía showed us all how to slay.
- @lav_sings - Wowed us with her #DesiTok singing skills.
- @robertirwin - Conservationist Robert Irwin rescues a baby blue-tongued lizard in the Australian outback.
- @thammachad - Iconic Thai creator, Thammachad, receives an award in all their glory!
On TikTok, we all learned a thing (or two!) this year, as our community discovered new recipes, beauty and wellness routines, along with some handy life hacks along the way. Impress your friends by learning how to solve a tricky PSLE question, or drop some fun, informative facts courtesy of MJ Kong (@justkeepthinking) over dinner. Here are some of the popular trends and tutorials that showed us what we needed to know this year.
- @sgsupernanny - Sleep expert Zoe Chu reveals three things that people get wrong about sleep.
- @skingapore - General practitioner Samuel shares 10 things he would never do as a doctor.
- @justkeepthinking - MJ Kong shares some fun facts about the suckermouth catfish!
- @maythematics - Math tutor May solves a tricky PSLE question.
- @happytotshelf - Taught parents how to entertain their toddlers with educational games.
Around the world
- @efritaasmr - Anyone up for a corn dog?
- @oursignedworld - A daughter learning how to get deaf father's attention warms our hearts.
- @shinanova - Learning how to communicate through Inuit facial expressions with Shina and her mom Kayuula.
- @satisfcapybaraying_pottery - Check out how to fit a Capybara into a ceramic mug.
- @mirendarosenberg - Lady Tallow sparking the #TallowTok trend!
From fresh beats to classics making a comeback, the songs on our For You feeds made us hit repeat. In 2022, popular songs on TikTok came from established, emerging, and breakthrough artists, spanning a range of genres as diverse as our community itself. This year, 13 out of the 14 Billboard Hot 100 number one songs were driven by trends on TikTok. In Singapore, we zoomed in-and-out, and danced left-and-right to some fun and trendy beats. Here are TikTok's trending tunes this year.
- "Kimi No Toriko" - Rizky Ayuba
- "Angel Baby" - Troye Sivan
- "ZOOM" - Jessi
- "Unstoppable" - Sia
- "Left and Right" - Charlie Puth ft. Jungkook of BTS
Around the world
Creators are the beating heart of TikTok, driving culture and innovative content creation. In 2022, we saw creators around the world entertain and connect with communities, as well as launch their careers on and off TikTok. In Singapore, we hope TikTok brought a smile to your faces and brought some positive energies to your For You feeds. Here are the trending creators, celebrities and artists who hit new heights on TikTok this year.
- @naomineo - We are sure all Moms can relate to Naomi Neo.
- @skywee97_ - Run away from responsibility with Sky Wee.
- @wukongofficial - DJ WUKONG unveils a hot intro to his set at Zouk Singapore!
- @doctortristanpeh - Dr. Tristan Peh shows off some cool, TikTok gummies.
- @tacomels - POV from "Pick me girl" @tacomels attending a funeral.
Around the world
- @badbunny - Among this year's groundbreaking artists on TikTok, Puerto Rico's El Conejo Malo excited and engaged his fans by sharing special moments ahead of dropping his latest hits.
- @luvadepedreiro - With his amazing juggling skills, ecstatic goal celebrations and his winning catchphrase "receba!" (receive), Brazilian football creator Luva de Pedreiro's love for the game is infectious.
- @bayashi.tiktok - Japanese chef Bayashi, who was named among the Foodies in The Discover List 2022, has won the hearts (and stomachs!) of our global community with his fast-paced and immersive cooking videos.
- @dylanmulvaney - Dylan, a trans actress and content creator who is featured among the Changemakers in The Discover List 2022, hopes to inspire everyone through their journey as they take trans stories mainstream.
- @astrosamantha - #SpaceTok opens up to a new dimension, thanks to European Space Agency Astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti, who takes us all on brand new adventures.
This year, we continued to push the boundaries of authentic self-expression on TikTok through a diverse array of creative and community effects, sounds, filters, and more. We spiced up our content by lighting up our skylines, showed off our patriotic spirit during Singapore's National Day, and grooved to Ma Boy. Here are the TikTok trends made possible by our features - and your own creativity - in 2022.
- TikTok Avatar Feature
- NDP2022: National Day Merlion
- First POI-enabled AR Effect in Singapore: Light Up CNY2022
- Winner of 1st Effect House Mission in Singapore: "Singapore What Do I Eat Today?"
Around the world
TikTok is a playground where artists propelled trends to the forefront of culture and inspired us with their boundless creativity this year The sky is the limit when it comes to creativity, as musicians on TikTok went out of the way to explore music and content that really sang to their audiences. From the harmonies of Sezairi Sezali (@sadboysezzles) to a pumping, party remix by DJ WUKONG (@wukongofficial), here are the artists who captured our community's ears - and eyes - with the most video views throughout 2022.
As a recent saying goes, phone eats first! This year, foodies around the world continued to find a home on TikTok, sharing their favorite cooking tips, culinary adventures and all-day cravings. In 2022, TikTok continued to bring together people from all over the world with common interests and curiosities. Here are the popular #SGFoodie videos and favorite foodie trends we all couldn't get enough of this year.
- @thepantryboy - We can't get enough of this yummy, black pepper sliced beef dish!
- @tehbings - Follow him as he documents his comfort food diaries on TikTok.
- @shawnlimzr - Have you tried these prawn noodles that Shawn Lim claims to be the best in Singapore yet?
- @deeniseglitz - Denise Glitz shares her love for the popular stonepot fish restaurant located at Yishun.
- @agnesboo - Agnes Boo tries out another Hai Di Lao hack!
Celebrate Year on TikTok 2022 with us
Get ready to celebrate Year on TikTok 2022 with us in Singapore. As we wrap up yet another memorable year on TikTok, keep an eye out for some special year-end treats in the TikTok app. Rolling out over the coming weeks, people will soon have access to new editing tools, such as a new Santa text-to-speech voice, two new festive text-to-song options, and other holiday surprises.
Want to learn more about what made 2022 a year that's truly #ForYou? Discover this year's unforgettable trends, creators and moments via our in-app hub.