Women come together on TikTok to express themselves and share their stories. Whether showing the world the ways they are creative, unbeatable, and powerful using @emmymelimusic's original track or breaking down stereotypes with @naomiheartsxo, women on TikTok continue to discover new ways to be entertained and connect with a supportive community.
#BreaktheBias and celebrate her story
This year's IWD theme, #BreakTheBias, is a direct challenge for the world to recognize and address the biases women face in order to advance each and every day. On TikTok, women find ways to navigate challenges by supporting one another, sharing behind-the-scenes into their lives, humorous videos, and tips they have picked up along the way.
From inspirational and motivational creators to women inspiring us with life hacks for the home and office, we celebrate the stories of our favourite women creators and trends.
@mollycarlson – Molly is a high diver and recent cliff diver who is passionate about mental health and self love, and posts content in support of her followers aka the Brave Gang, who channel their bravest and most beautiful selves.
@aliciamccarvell – Alicia is a content creator who uses humour to tackle conversations around body image, self worth, and self love. She hopes to inspire laughter and break down barriers, all through her incredibly relatable content.
@bootlegmegz – Megha is a comedian known for her "goofy, self-effacing glimpses of college life." Named one of Teen Vogue's 21 Under 21, her unique and witty content clearly resonates with her global fanbase of 2.3M followers.
Shop and discover women-owned businesses
From small business tutorials to order fulfillment videos, female entrepreneurs and small business owners around the world turn to TikTok to share a window into their workshops, storefronts or boardrooms, and in turn reach an engaged and passionate community. While we celebrate their achievements, we continue to recognize that there is so much more we can do to lift them up and eliminate the gender disparities that persist. We invite our TikTok community to be inspired by small businesses proudly owned by women.
@couturecandyptbo - Based in Peterborough, ON, Couture Candy PTBO is a candy-gram and candy box company specializing in spreading kindness through candy.
@xxl.scrunchie - XXL Scrunchie is a handmade scrunchie & apparel family business, who put an incredible amount of love into creating each and every scrunchie.
Tune in to LIVE celebrations
On International Women's Day 2022, starting at 8pm ET/5pm PT on March 8th, tune in to @TikTok to see six incredible women creators show how they are celebrating IWD. Discover the different LIVEs below:
- 5 - 5:30PM - "Vibin" with @latto777
- 5:30 - 6PM - "Work With Me" with @nichellelaus
- 6 - 6:30PM - "Get Ready With Me" with @kissyduerre
- 6:30 - 7:00PM - "Train With Me" with @dafnenavarrol
- 7 - 7:30PM - "Work With Me" with @natasha.surya
- 7:30 - 8PM - "Cook With Me" with @himynameispriya
To continue the celebration for IWD, we'll also be curating content for the TikTok Discover Page using daily and weekly themes, including:
- #WhenWomenWin (3/8): From change-makers to innovators, here's to the power and strength of women leading movements towards progress across the world. Check out stories from our community with #WhenWomenWin.
- #WomenInMusic (3/9): Be it an iconic, historic performance or a new artist heard for the first time, share your discoveries and find new favourites with #WomenInMusic.
- #WomenInGaming (3/10): Celebrate and see some of the most popular gaming hacks, winning moments and tricks with the TikTok Community.
- #WomenOwnedBusiness (3/19): From Wall Street to main street, see how women are building and growing their businesses on TikTok.
Join us this month to celebrate the diverse, strong, and creative women of TikTok who show us what happens #WhenWomenWin.