At TikTok, we're always looking to empower our creators and community with innovative tools that inspire self-expression. Today we're thrilled to announce the expansion of text posts on TikTok, a new format for creating text-based content that broadens options for creators to share their ideas and express their creativity. With text posts, we're expanding the boundaries of content creation for everyone on TikTok, giving the written creativity we've seen in comments, captions and videos a dedicated space to shine.
A New Way to Create
Creators have been able to make content on TikTok across a variety of formats -- from LIVE videos to photos, Duets to Stitch. Text is the latest addition to options for content creation, allowing creators to share their stories, poems, recipes and other written content on TikTok - giving creators another way to express themselves and making it even easier to create.
Text posts offer a simple publishing experience that makes it easier than ever to share text content. Here's how it works:
- Creating a Text Post When you access the Camera page, you'll be able to choose from three options: photo, video and text. By selecting text, you'll be directed to the text creation page, where you can type out the content of your post.
- Enhancing Your Text Posts Upon reaching the Post page, you'll find familiar options to customize your content. These include adding Sound, tagging a location, enabling comments and allowing duets, among others. These features make it so your text posts are just as dynamic and interactive as any video or photo post.
Features to Try
Text posts offer a range of features that empower you to make your text-based content stand out. Here are some highlights:
- Stickers: Enhance your text by selecting stickers that relate to your content and add some pizazz to your post.
- Tags and Hashtags: Just like in video or photo posts, you can tag other accounts, as well as add hashtags that relate to relevant topics or trends.
- Background colours: Choose from a variety of background colours to make your text pop.
- Adding Sound: Sounds are core to the TikTok experience, which is why we've incorporated them into text posts. You'll be able to add tunes that readers can groove to as they peruse your writing.
- Draft and Discard: Similar to video or photo posts, you can save your drafts and store them with other unpublished posts for later editing or discard them entirely.
We're excited to see what our community will create with text posts, a new way to express and share your creativity on TikTok.