With so much of the world sheltering in place, it's important for us to provide families additional resources and best practices to navigate their digital environment. Our Youth Portal is a place where teens and their families can learn about internet safety and the tools and controls built into TikTok.
Designed to help teens learn about digital safety and to help parents build ongoing dialogue with their families, the Youth Portal covers basics of digital literacy suitable for all ages including:
- How to create a secure password
- How often you should change passwords
- Tips on what you should keep private and not share
- How to spot suspicious behavior
- Privacy settings to define your public presence
- How to set comment, DM and Duet controls
- How to block users
- How to enable Family Pairing
TikTok's mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. Our Youth Portal also features community best practices including:
- How to be kind and positive online
- Our code of conduct outlined in our Community Guidelines
- Tips on being a creator
TikTok's Youth Portal follows the launch of our Family Pairing feature and will be rolling out globally in more than 15 languages including French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Russian, Hindi and others. We will be adding additional educational resources in the coming months.