Music and sound are exciting parts of the TikTok experience that spark global trends, inspire endless creativity, and unify communities around the world. The "sound-on" nature of our platform has also inspired brands to engage audiences in new and surprising ways, from putting their unique spin on a trending sound to developing a custom jingle for the community to co-create with.
Today, we're announcing new partnerships that will make it even easier for brands of all sizes to tap into music and sound on TikTok. We're expanding the TikTok Marketing Partners program and introducing six certified Sound Partners who can help brands build sound-on strategies for TikTok. In addition to our Commercial Music Library - a pool of over 150,000 pre-cleared, royalty-free tracks sourced from emerging artists and top-tier music houses - we're excited to connect brands with trusted partners who can help them leverage the unique potential of TikTok's sound-on environment at scale.
Sound on TikTok has introduced an entirely new storytelling dynamic for brands. According to a study from MRC Data, 65% of TikTokers prefer content from brands that feature original sounds, and 68% remember a brand better when they feature songs that they like in their videos*. The Sound Partners we announced today offer solutions within two sub-specialties - Custom Sound and Subscription Sound - to support a variety of campaign objectives, from building a sonic brand identity to developing an evergreen content strategy for TikTok.
Custom Sound partners create bespoke tracks that inspire community participation and excitement around Hashtag Challenges, campaigns, and much more.
- KARM - A global music production company specializing in custom tracks on TikTok. Made for the TikTok generation, KARM focuses all of their attention on making brand bangers on the platform.
- MassiveMusic - A global music agency delivering everything a brand needs in the field of music, voice and sound - impactful strategies, sonic brand identities and best-in-class compositions. MassiveMusic creates this and much more thanks to its fervent passion for music combined with craftsmanship and scientific research.
- The Elements Music - An award-winning, international music and sound agency, specializing in producing REAL RECORDS FOR MEDIA - authentic music for brands that’s crafted with the same attention to detail as records produced for major-label recording artists and feature films.
Subscription Sound partners offer flexible music offerings through monthly, yearly, or project-based licensing plans that enable brands to develop always-on strategies for TikTok.
- Epidemic Sound - The leading music destination for content creators and brands globally. Millions of storytellers turn to Epidemic for high-quality music and sound effects.
- Songtradr - The fastest-growing B2B music platform in the world – enabling creators and brands to discover fresh music that helps content perform better.
- UnitedMasters - UnitedMasters is an independent music platform that gives creators access to premium music distribution services, a suite of tools to help directly connect with their fans, and opportunities to partner with major brands. UnitedMasters takes the guesswork out of culture for brands, offering custom music solutions, curated sync licensing, and artist activations with breaking artists.
Building Brand Awareness Through Music and Sound
On TikTok, brands can use music and sound to show a different side of their personality and share their message in a completely new way. The catchy, bespoke track TikTok Sound Partner KARM produced for British online fashion retailer ASOS' #Aysauce Branded Hashtag Challenge Plus is just one example of a brand using sound to drive cultural impact and captivate the TikTok community. Globally, the campaign recorded over 1.2 billion video views in just six days, with 488,000 videos created and 167,000 users taking part. ASOS also commissioned a Brand Lift Study for the campaign which found that the campaign achieved a 25% increase in aided brand awareness.
"Sound is the universal language of TikTok, and brands need to embrace music and sound in order to show up authentically on the platform. Our new Sound Partners have a proven track record of helping marketers develop strategies for TikTok, and offer scalable options for brands of all sizes. We're excited to see more brands tap into sound on TikTok and make meaningful connections with the community through creative, sound-on strategies." - Melissa Yang, Head of Ecosystems, TikTok
We can't wait to see the creative ways brands engage with sound and music with our Sound Partners. If you're a marketer looking to learn more or connect with our Sound Partners, you can visit the TikTok Marketing Partners website and directory here.
*Source: US TikTok Marketing Science, Music Perceptions Research, conducted by MRC Data, November 2020