There's no doubt that Halloween celebrations will look a little different this year, with festivities largely confined to our homes. But that doesn't mean the usual Halloween creativity has to stop!
From the #DOLLHOUSECHALLENGE which has captured the imagination of over 1.3 billion users to One Direction star Liam Payne looking unrecognisable in a clown transformation with @abbyartistry, this year's Halloween looks have been the stuff of nightmares, showcasing the incredible yet haunting talent of TikTok's Creators.
On top of this, TikTokers across the UK have been sharing their best spooky looks and costumes, meaning you can show off your creepy creations in 2020 from the comfort of your living room. Some of the best examples of creativity include creators who are sharing their weird and wonderful make-up looks, showing dramatic transformations and sharing how-to guides on achieving the ultimate spooky look.
Dive deeper into the trends and creators that are setting the agenda for this year's Halloween - and prepare for a hair-raising time!
Spooky trends & challenges
UK creators have jumped on some spooky trends and challenges this year, with make-up masterpieces including skeletons, skulls, zombies, dolls and pumpkins. Our favourite viral challenges include:
Sponsored by NYX Professional Makeup, this challenges creators to come up with their most creative and artistic Halloween make-up looks, inspired by scary Halloween dolls - it now has over 1.3bn views.
- @abbyrartistry has showcased her cracked doll make-up look, complete with glamorous lashes and cupids-bow lipstick.
- The @nyxcosmetics_uk account has shared this video of @nikkissecretxx's interpretation of the challenge, with exaggerated and haunting eye make-up and lips.
- @byamylaurenmua shows her total transformation to an eerie looking doll, with button and cotton wool effects adding to the drama.
Spooky, Scary Skeletons
Creators have been using the Spooky, Scary Skeletons audio to share their best make-up transformations, from skulls and clowns to zombies and dolls. The song by Andrew Gold has been used 5.4m times globally.
- Here, @trinsmakeup transforms herself in a pop-art skeleton zombie to the song using the #skeletonmakeup challenge
- @Sophiehannah has created this intricate - and very glamorous - skull make-up look, complete with Covid-19 secure mask!
- For this look, @shannonmcconnell also goes down the glam Halloween route, bejewelling her face with red gems for a sultry rather than scary creation!
Creators have been sharing their make-up with the #HalloweenLook challenge across the UK, which has provided an endless supply of inspiration for costumes this Halloween season.
- Here, @poppylocks gives her followers a tutorial for her distorted and illusory skeleton make-up.
- @rosesashleigh puts the finishing touches to her romantic Queen of Hearts look, focused around pink eye make-up and hair, and a black-and-white heart masterpiece.
Top Halloween creators
If you're looking for costume inspiration, look no further than these top creators from across Europe.
- @charlottelooks has been revealing a huge range of Halloween make-up looks throughout the month of October, from super-scary (including a very life-like Voldemort look!) to cute and fun (we love her Frankie Stein from Monster High). Here she does the #DOLLHOUSECHALLENGE
- From Pennywise to a skulls to an intricate lace mask, make up artist @chrisgrave's creations are a blend of horror, beauty and everything in between. We found the haunted pumpkin particularly frightful! Here, he takes on the Scary Movie franchise
- @Khaleesiisaa really likes to get into character when she's sharing her latest look, from the (mostly) corpse bride, to Harry Potter's Bellatrix LeStrange and Medusa - all with fabulous wigs. Watch her take on Disney's Brave with this haunted Merida look