Understanding our Community Guidelines
We want our users to have their best experience online, which means being able to create and have fun while feeling safe and comfortable. This post is part of our Community Well-Being series that aims to educate users on how to customize their TikTok experience using the various safety, privacy, and well-being tools available to them.
TikTok is a place for your creativity and expression. It’s also a global community of people looking for a fun, welcoming experience. To help foster trust, respect, and a positive environment for everyone in this community, we’ve developed a set of Community Guidelines for content and behavior on the app.
These guidelines, which we update from time to time, are an important code of conduct for a safe and friendly environment. Ultimately, they're here to serve you and your experience on the app! We work hard to promote a positive environment and an abuse-free experience for our users, and it's important that you help in that by keeping interactions civil and treating others with respect.
TikTok is simply NOT the place to post, share, or promote any of the following, including:
- Harmful or dangerous content
- Terrorist organizations and any other criminal organizations
- Graphic, shocking, or violent content
- Discrimination or hate speech
- Nudity or sexual activity
- Child safety infringement
- Harassment or the personal identification of another user
- Impersonation, spam, or other misleading content
- Content that violates someone else’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights
You can always find our full Community Guidelines on our Safety Center, or right within the app – from your profile page, open the Privacy and Settings tab, then scroll down to the About section.
- While we trust users to respect the community and keep TikTok fun and welcoming for everyone, violation of the guidelines may result in your account and/or content being removed
- Users must also follow their local laws, and we reserve the right to monitor and report content to authorities, as permitted by applicable law
- If you stumble across abuse, spam, or anything else that doesn’t follow our Community Guidelines, please help us by reporting it
Khloe Kardashian, Nick Jonas, Nina Dobrev, Vanessa Hudgens and More Partner with TikTok to Launch Charitable CollectiveIn-app Integration Provides Users an Easy Way to Do Good this Season TikTok, the number one destination for short-form mobile video globally, is inviting users to do good this holiday season through a new
The go-to short form video platform shares the most memorable and viral moments of the year from around the globeLos Angeles, Dec. 17, 2018 – TikTok, the leading global destination for short-form mobile video, celebrates creators and a year of rapid growth today with the release of the outstanding and most