By Bryan Thoensen, Head of Content Partnerships, TikTok
From endearing toddlers with big attitudes to grandmas with hilarious one-liners, TikTok transcends generations and brings families together to create, have fun, and be entertained. TikTok is a source of joy and inspiration, and it helps keep millions of families connected.
To recognize this unique community of creators, today we're introducing TikTok Runs In The Family, a report that explores popular creators, videos, hashtags, and trends from this year that helped families grow more connected, laugh uncontrollably, and find a second family through the TikTok community.
Here are some of the highlights from this year's report.
From the latest trends to popular effects to rising hashtags, these creations are the #familytok of the town!
- Family trends: Trends that started with a single video and blossomed into a standout movement have brought families together and inspired so many others to spread the love (and laughter!) through memes and sounds.
- Popular creative effects: TikTok's creative effects, like Vintage Camcorder and Disco, have given families limitless space for creativity, from parents and their kids doing the ultimate throwback to demonstrating why Hispanic birthday parties are always more fun.
- Rising hashtags: Find support when mom life gets tough on #MomsofTikTok, get sound advice from a village of one billion on #ParentingHack, or discover new ways to annoy your partner through #CouplePrank - there's something for every family on TikTok!
Keeping up with the creators
From standout creators to breakthrough videos to dynamic brand partnerships, we're all about keeping up with some of the most beloved family creators on TikTok.
- Standout creators: Creators are at the heart of TikTok and that includes the many parents, siblings, couples, grandparents, and even toddlers who've captured all of our hearts.
- Breakthrough videos: Whether it's laughing at relatable family experiences or sharing heartmelting moments of life, these videos have resonated and brought so much joy to the billion people on TikTok who have viewed, liked, and shared them.
- Brand partnerships: TikTok provides brands with an authentic way to connect with potential customers and, this year, we’ve seen many brands successfully partner with creators like @Team2Moms and @TwoTrends who helped brands create a buzz and reach new audiences.
Check out TikTok Runs In The Family for a full list of creators and trends that are bringing families together!