From campaigns like #CreateKindess to #ForYouPride, TikTok is home to a global community of 1 billion people who inspire us with their ability to make a positive impact and meaningful change through creativity.
Celebrating the creativity and generosity of our community
The TikTok community is not just committed to doing good, but also giving back, as creators, non-profit organizations, and changemakers have turned to TikTok to raise funds and awareness around the causes they care about the most.
In 2021, almost 75,000 donations were made on TikTok in support of various organizations and causes globally such as fighting hunger, supporting humanitarian relief efforts as well as promoting health and wellbeing. TikTok creators such as @ghosthoney, @cristiandennis, and @valentinebrothers have also been at the forefront of raising awareness around some of the world's most important issues.
Sharing the spirit of #GivingSzn globally
On GivingTuesday (November 30), known as the world's biggest day of generosity, we're delighted to join hands with our global TikTok community and introduce #GivingSzn, a celebration of generosity and goodwill featuring LIVE programming from creators and non-profit organizations, including fundraisers and community-rallying moments around the world.
Through #GivingSzn, TikTok will be donating $7M to various mission-driven organizations around the world to support the causes our community cares about the most. Part of the donation will be made in the name of TikTok creators globally to non-profits of their choice. We'll also be donating $1M in ad credits to support global non-profit organizations in their end-of-year fundraising efforts.
Tune in and give back LIVE
To further inspire our community to celebrate the season of giving with us, we'll be hosting a series of LIVE streams from November 30 all throughout December, in celebration of the many ways you can give back and spread kindness.
The first TikTok LIVE Global Give Back, taking place November 30 at 11am PT / 2pm ET / 7pm GMT, hosted on the @tiktokforgood account, TikTok's global social impact hub, will be a three hour livestream event you don't want to miss.
For this first LIVE event, creators from around the world will use their time and talents to share how they give back. Highlights include:
- Photographer @alex.stemp will surprise one deserving person with the photoshoot of a lifetime.
- @matthewandryanuk will delight audiences with random acts of compliments, visiting audience member profiles and showering them with positive vibes.
- Join wildlife conversationist @arturoislasallende as he introduces us to some unconventional roommates – Katana the Harris's Hawk, Camila the desert tortoise, Pasquale the chameleon, and Tomàs the ball python – while educating audiences on the importance of protecting wildlife in their natural habitat.
- @spencer2thewest will show audiences how to give back to yourself, demonstrating how he creates a healthy, happy, and functional home environment that supports people with disabilities.
- Finally, @glitterandlazers will raise awareness for animal welfare organizations while pampering local rescue dogs to encourage their adoption.
Whether you're donating your time or support, TikTok offers many ways to give back and spread joy. You may use our suite of donation tools to support causes and charities you care about, make a difference in your community, or just use this opportunity to spread goodwill and do good. 'Tis the #GivingSzn, after all.